Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Get answers to your marketing automation questions
Apr 17, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
Got questions about marketing automation? MarTech Today’s B2B Marketing Automation Platforms: A Marketer’s Guide has you covered. The 44-page report reviews the latest trends, opportunities and challenges facing the market for marketing automation tools.
- CMO audit series, Part 2: Untangling the web of mobile technology
Apr 17, 2017 by Scott Rayden
With a plethora of mobile marketing technologies to choose from, how do you find the right fit for your organization? In Part 2 of a series, columnist Scott Rayden lays out the elements you need to build a strong mobile strategy.
- Your flexible SEO strategy: Creation, execution and measurement in an ever-changing environment
Apr 17, 2017 by Janet Driscoll Miller
Columnist Janet Driscoll Miller discusses some of the top challenges SEOs are facing today and outlines why an SEO strategy has to be a living document that changes based on search trends and algorithm updates.
- The 8 time- & money-saving SEO tools I pay for (& 17 more I use for free)
Apr 17, 2017 by Tom Demers
With all of the tools available in the SEO space, it’s tough to know the best software to apply to various use cases. Contributor Tom Demers helps clear up confusion by detailing the strengths he’s discovered in a wide variety of offerings.
- 4 lessons from a decade of ad tech disruption
Apr 17, 2017 by Chuck Moran
Columnist Chuck Moran explains how the lessons learned from the evolution of ad tech over the years can be applied to martech.
- Google settles Russian antitrust case over default Android apps
Apr 17, 2017 by Greg Sterling
Carriers and OEMs will no longer be required to pre-install Google apps on handsets, can strike deals with other developers.
- TapInfluence adds tool to automatically check influencers’ posts for FTC compliance
Apr 17, 2017 by Barry Levine
The Auditor — which TapInfluence says is the first of its kind — tells brands and influencers in the network whether acknowledgement of sponsorship passes Federal Trade Commission guidelines.
- Quiz: How much do you know about the history of online video — and what it means for the future?
Apr 17, 2017 by Jim Dicso
Contributor Jim Dicso takes us on a walk down memory lane, reminding us of how online video has developed and where we are today.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Facebook no longer measures total app installs because developers don’t care, VentureBeat
- How Brands and Agencies Are Fighting Back Against Facebook and Google’s Measurement Snafus, Adweek
Blogs & Blogging
- Don’t Put Ads on Your Blog, The Blog Tyrant
- Fighting “Follow Spam” on Tumblr, Tumblr Staff
- How to Create Amazing Videos for Your Blog Using Your Smartphone, Problogger
- How to Nail Great Blog Ideas for Your WordPress Website, WPExplorer
- Google Makes Nevada Land Grab for Data Center, Wall Street Journal
- Meet The Man Who Makes Facebook’s Machines Think, BuzzFeed News
- 3 Content Marketing Tips: Big Content Success With Small Marketing Teams, MarketingProfs
- 3 Data-Driven Insights to Boost Your Guest Content Strategy, Convince and Convert
- 6 How-To Strategies for Content Promotion, Content Marketing Institute
- If Social Media Flunks Your Brand, Try Native Advertising, Adweek
- Quality Over Quantity: Repurpose Your Best Ideas and Distribute Them Far and Wide, Copyblogger
- 17 Tricks for Boosting Conversions On Any Landing Page, Jeff Bullas
- 4 Conversion Opportunities You Had No Idea You Were Missing Out On, MarTech Advisor
- How to Convert More Customers by Adding Perceived Value, Crazy Egg
- Making money with brandable domains, Domain Name Wire
- Here’s What Digital Consumers in China and the US Have in Common, eMarketer
- India’s e-commerce battle is not Indian anymore, VentureBeat
- Replatforming: The Scariest Word in Ecommerce or the Most Hopeful?, Shopify Plus
General Internet Marketing
- 4 Reasons to Embrace Engagement Marketing, Social Media Explorer
- What Does An Influencer Marketing Agency Do?, MediaKix
- 7 Ways That Brands Can Make Chatbot Conversations More Authentic, Street Fight
- Brands see visual intelligence as key part of AI strategy, VentureBeat
- Marketing Technology May Never Consolidate (But That’s Good), AdAge
- The smart marketer’s guide to loyalty in a blockchain world, VentureBeat
- Apple vs. Google vs. Microsoft: who will get to the future of PCs first?, The Verge
- Facebook’s F8 developers conference will be more diverse than last year, TechCrunch
- A Pinteresting Way to Discover Consumer Trends, 3Q Digital
- Facebook Just Threw a Monkey Wrench at a Big-Time Spam Ring, Adweek
- Fake News Tests Facebook Ahead of French Vote, Wall Street Journal
- Introducing New Ways to Organize Your Saved Posts, Instagram Blog
- Snapchat vs. Instagram: Which Stories Format Is Winning?, AdAge
- Twitter added support for two-factor authentication apps and forgot to tell anyone, Android Police
- What stories gets shares vs. likes on Facebook?, NewsWhip
- Young Millennials Are All About Snapchat, eMarketer
- 20 YouTube Video Ideas to Put on Your Small Business’s Channel, Small Biz Trends
- 5 Brands and Publishers Killing It with Instagram Video in 2017, Tubular Insights
- 5 Reasons You Shouldn’t Be Doing Live Video, The Sales Lion
- Advertising On VOD Rises 21%, MediaPost
- How to Split Test Facebook Video Ads, Social Media Examiner
- How YouTube networks are pivoting to studio, media brand models, Digiday
- Pre-Roll Is The Most Informative And Engaging Video Ad Format, According To Scientific Media Trial, YuMe
- The Lowdown on France’s Digital Video Market, eMarketer
- The miracle of Live, Official YouTube Blog
- What Digital Video Advertisers Can Learn About Measurement From DRTV, AdExchanger
- You can now live stream to YouTube from your phone if you have at least 1,000 subscribers, TechCrunch
Source: Marketing Land